Monday, February 18, 2013

Agua

This weekend went oh so fast!  Why is that, when you enjoy yourself, time flies?

Friday, after the boys and I woke from our naps, I had the itch to get out of the house and just do something...  I can't shake that feeling until it's met (hello, bipolar!).  Luckly, Mike obliged, and we booked a room at a hotel.  This hotel had a small, indoor waterpark, and just what I had in mind.

We packed the boys up, and everything we needed for a one night stay.  I could tell immediately on the drive there, that Aidan needed this as well.  He was busy pointing out the cows, trucks, and cars.

Soon after checking in, we were headed to our room, and Aidan's attention went right to the pools!  He made sure that we saw the "aqua", and really perked up at the idea of a GIANT bath.  :)  We still had to order food, and get something in our bellies.  So, while Mike ordered that in, I took Aidan down for his bath.

There was a kiddie pool that got a little deeper than 2 feet.  This had a small slide, and two rocking figures (one of which was a whale, and Aidan climbed right up on).  There were also three small fountains of water coming up from the shallow.  That intimidated A, but he quickly tested it out after I ran my hand through.

Aidan did test out the slide, but he came down so fast, and went under water.  I think that experience scared him a bit.  Guess this summer is a good time for some swim lessons.

We headed back up to the room for some pizza, and then Mike and J joined us back down by the pools.

J LOVED it!  He's going be our little fish.  I sat him down, and he took off crawling, and splashing.  He started a splashing game with his brother, and they were both giggling away.

At this point, A started switching between one pool to the next (under our supervision, of course).  So, we called it quits, and headed up to the room.

That night sleep was not easy to come by.  It seemed, for both A and myself.  We were all up by 4am, and decided to just pack everything up and get our shopping done.

A was cranky, and I was tired.  We got home about 10am, and I crawled into bed with A.


No comments:

Post a Comment