Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Jumbled

It seems we are falling behind, so I feel.  Even though I didn't intend for this to be a daily blog, I feel we're slacking.  There's just so much going on here.....  I'll share that went the time comes, but now is not that time.

January 31st

I finally finished the first chapter of my reading!  It was a fairly long chapter, but I can see why reading other women's birth stories is necessary for the book (as well as my training).  Read the first couple pages of the next chapter and really looking forward to diving in deeper.

However, my youngest child, J, has other plans for me.  It's going on midnight here, and I have been fighting with him to go to BED!  I'm giving up on my reading tonight and giving into exhaustion.  Here's to hoping J follows suit...


February 2nd

Now about halfway through my first book.  I find myself recommending it to anyone who seems to need it! I want to empower women, and take back what hospital births have been stealing from us; the right to deliver naturally, without fear and intervention.

I'm hoping to order my Doula packet soon, so I can get a head start on my "homework".  We have been saving up so I can attend the workshop this summer.  Hoping by this fall I can start working!

I feel so blessed being able to spend time with my boys.  Lately, it seems, they're growing too fast.  I hate to hinder that, but it's sad all the same.

A is grasping a lot more when it comes to communicating, and the appropriate way of doing so.  Just last night, Mike was telling me how Aidan was playing, and he decided he wanted his milk.  The cup was by Mike.  A stood up, and signed, "milk", " please", then pointed to the cup.  He amazes me...  He's behind on spoken communication, but that dear boy has two languages to learn.  All together(if we tally what he knows between spoken and ASL), he is above his peers.

J is taking his first baby steps to full fledged walking.  A couple days ago he was able to take two steps before falling.  Since then he has gained confidence in the ordeal, and standing without assistance (working on his balance, I suppose).

My boys fill me with joy and laughter everyday.  Always something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment